*****This week, we will begin using our blog as a true communication tool - a place where we will not only post our answers to the questions that are posed, but also read and comment on others' thoughts. In addition to answering the question and submitting your answer, you also need to comment on at least two other peoples' answers. Make sure the comments you make are useful and spark a discussion. Saying something like "I agree" or "interesting" doesn't count as one of your two required comments. *****
Here are some things to keep in mind before you get started:
(This list is borrowed from: http://kimcofino.com/blog)
Student Blogging Guidelines
1. Only post things that you would want everyone (in school, at home, in other countries) to know.
Ask yourself: Is this something I want everyone to see?
2. Do not share personal information.
Ask yourself: Could someone find me (in real life) based on this information?
3. Think before you post.
Ask yourself: What could be the consequences of this post?
4. Know who you’re communicating with.
Ask yourself: Who is going to look at this, and how are they going to interpret my words?
5. Consider your audience and that you’re representing ATE.
Ask yourself: Do I have a good reason/purpose to do this?
6. Know how to give constructive feedback.
Ask yourself: What will I cause by writing this post?
7. Treat other people the way you want to be treated.
Ask yourself: Would I want someone to say this to me?
8. Use appropriate language and proper grammar and spelling.
Ask yourself: Would I want this post to be graded for proper grammar and spelling?
9. Only post information that you can verify is true (no gossiping).
Ask yourself: Is this inappropriate, immature or bullying?
10. Anytime you use media from another source, be sure to properly cite the creator of the original work.
Ask yourself: Who is the original creator of this work?